Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Seminar: Putting The Audience Together - Using Social Network Analysis for Business Insights
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 from 12:30 PM to 6:30 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
- Lack of promotion of SNA
- Lack of tools - solved with NodeXL
- Lack of literacy
- Introduction: Who, what, why Social Network Analysis (SNA)
- Story of a single network using a Facebook fanpage
- Theory of key SNA concepts
- Practical exercise: Map your own Facebook network
- Tour of three (3) case studies: Facebook, Twitter, Email
- Group interpretation
- Download and visualize a social network from a social media site, including the use of thumbnail images, color coding and self-organizing layouts
- Understand the three key forms of “importance” in a network: popularity, control and reach
- Articulate the three levels of analysis: node, community and network
- Understand why some networks look clearer than others
- Identify key audience members both visually and numerically
- PDF copy of Analyzing Social Media Networks with NodeXL: Insights from a Connected World, By: Derek Hansen , Ben Shneiderman & Marc A. Smith (ISBN-10: 0123822297) [Value £27.99]
- PDF copy of Local Social Summit 2011 Event Report, [Value £100]
- Lunch, refreshments, snacks and new knowledge
When & Where
Local Social Labs Ltd
Local Social Summit (LSS) is an independent event for knowledge sharing and networking that explores the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. We strive to educate and inspire with a focus on the cutting edge by showcasing emerging trends and key insights at the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. LSS is designed for a wide spectrum of SoLoMo stakeholders, including publishers, advertisers, start-ups, app creators, technology companies and investors.
We produce an annual summit evey November. In addition, we run world-class training seminars, participate in Social Media Week and publish occasional industry report - which can be found on Slideshare. We also have a "Local Labs" initiative where we constantly experiment and run SoLoMo campaigns for SMBs to see what really works.
Past LSS events have attracted involvement from a wide range of sectors, including: academics, agencies, analysts, directories, mobile, newspapers, pureplays, retailers, startups, telecoms and TV.
Previous attendees have included people from: the BBC, Burger King, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Eniro, European Directories, Foursquare, Google, ITV, Microsoft, Northcliffe Media, Nokia, Nomura, Ogilvy Interactive, Oxford Internet Institute, Qype, Schibsted, Swisscom, Touch Local, Yahoo, Yell, Yelp and many more.
With 60% of participants at the Executive Decision Making level with titles like: CEO, CTO, CXO, Managing Director, General Manager, Senior Vice President and/or Founder.
LSS is organised by Local Social Labs Ltd, which is based in London.